At first we should explian what stretch marks are. Stretch marks are mostly showing up in areas like breasts, hips, buttocks, upper arms, abdomen. Those stretch marks happens when skin rapidly stretches. They often happens to pregnant women mostly in their last trimester. Those stretch mark aren’t painfull however some people are very annoyed by their look.
How to treat stretch marks?
If you are looking for ways how to treat stretch marks you should at first know that they do not need treatment. Those stretch marks very often fades over time even without the treatment. However you should also be aware of this that they may disappear completely. However if you want to know what are treatment options here goes the list of them:
- Laser treatment – this is being considered as skin resurfacing treatment. It helps your skin to heal and also create a smoother texture of the skin.
- Use of stretch mark creams or lotions – those are good to prevent dry skin but they aren’t doing so good in treating stretch marks.
- Pulsed dye laser therapy – thanks to this kind of treatment you will encourage the growth of collagen and elastin. This kind of treatment works the best when it comes to newer stretch marks.
- Excimer laser therapy – this kind of treatment stimulates skin color that is why those stretch marks to match the surrounding skin way better.
- Fractional photothermolysis – this kind of a treatment is using a laser that targets small areas of the skin.
- Microdermabrasion – this kind of treatment can even be helpful when it comes to dealing with improving appearance of stretch marks that are quite older stretch marks, you should be able to see the result after several weeks.
How to prevent stretch marks
There are a couple of ways on how to prevent stretch marks from happening. Here goes the list of things you can do to stop them from happening:
- stay hydrated,
- balaned diet to keep a healthy weight,
- regular exercises,
- use lotions and creams to not let your skin get dry.
Symptoms of stretch marks
If you develop stretch marks and you want know what stymptoms comes with it, here is the best place to find it out. You should know that stretch marks do not look alike. Those stretch marks may vary depending on this how long you have them, their location, the type of your skin but also what caused them.
Causes of stretch marks
What is causing stretch marks? Well that’s easy. The cause of stretch marks is simply stretching of the skin that may happens because of rapid weight gain but also weight loss. When it come to stretch marks their severity is affected by several factors like for example your skin types but also genetics and the degree of stress on the skin.
Early stretch marks
Here you will be able to find out how does early stretch marks looks like. So at first you should know that those new stretch marks very often happens to be red, purple, reddish brown/dark brown or pink. You should also know that early stretch marks may feel slightly raised and you can feel like they are being itchy.
Who can develop stretch marks?
If you are looking for an answer who can in fact develop stretch marks we are here to answer you to this qustion. Here goes the list of potental types of people who can get stretch marks:
- pregnant women, the can get those marks while being pregnant as well as right after giving birth,
- people who had grown rapidly in young age,
- people who experienced sudden weight gain.
There are also risk factors that increases your likelihood of getting them, like for example:
- family history of getting stretch marks,
- being pregnat while being very young,
- using corticosteroids,
- breast enlargement surgery,
- using anabolic steroids,
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Marfan syndrome,
- rapid growth in adolescence.
- rapidly losing weight.
However you should remember that almost anyone can develop stretch marks.
Facts about stretch marks
- all pregnant women but also those who are breastfeeding should first contact your doctor before treating stretch marks,
- people believes that olive oil, cocoa butter, almond oil or coconut oil helps them to get rid of stretch marks,
- those skin stretches may even lead some people to emotional distress,
- there are health conditions that may cause stretch marks, those conditions are for example chronic liver disease, anorexia nervosa or Ehlers-Danlos syndrome,
- level of hormone cortisol which is a hormone produced by the adrenal glands may also be very important factor when it comes to causes of getting stretch marks,
Now when you got familiar with this article you know probably everyting about skin stretching like for example causes of developing stretch marks or what are stretch mark symptoms, this helps you understand stretch marks way better. As you can see there are many way to improve stretch marks look, so if you are trying to do something about your stretch marks this article is going to be very helpfull to you.